APPLYING FOR COLLEGE
Don't wait until your Senior summer vacation to begin working on admission applications.
Tips for Applying for College:
- Establish an appropriate, personal email account to use for college correspondence and check email regularly.
- Schedule college campus visits during your Junior year.
- Make note of deadlines for admission, scholarship, and housing applications.
- Give yourself plenty of time to do your best work and be able to meet all required deadlines.
- After you decide which colleges you will be applying to, begin to research scholarships specific to your chosen institution and academic program.
If you haven’t decided where you want to continue your education, use the College Search tool to find and compare colleges that may be an academic and financial fit for you. A listing of institutions in Arkansas can be found on the Arkansas Division of Higher Education’s website.
It is okay to apply to multiple colleges. Keep information organized for each school by creating a file for each college application. Be diligent about updating information and keeping paperwork in order and properly filed. A calendar highlighting all relevant deadlines is also encouraged for the college application process. The better organized you are, the easier the application process will be for you.