The Arkansas Student Loan Authority (ASLA) remains committed to providing counseling and funding for higher education to Arkansas students and families. Your privacy is important to us. This policy is effective on February 17, 2005.
This Privacy Statement applies to www.ASLA.info (including its managed websites) and governs data collection and usage for ASLA services.
A nonprofit state agency, ASLA provides information about and access to educational funding for all Arkansas students who wish to attend institutions of higher education.
Use of Personal Identifying Information
- ASLA does not collect any nonpublic personal information from visitors to our sites unless you expressly provide it to us through one of our online services. ASLA does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law where in we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Minimum Age Requirement
By law, ASLA cannot collect any information from persons who are not yet 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you can utilize the information provided in many areas of our site, but you are not authorized to create an account.
If you choose to register with the ASLA Sites in order to utilize a service that requires you to log in, your user ID will be stored in a temporary "cookie" on your web browser. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to help us identify you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. The cookie that manages your login will be removed as soon as you close your browser. Other cookies that are used are for customization of content and contain no personally identifying information. Our cookies are not used to collect any nonpublic personal information.
Consumer Advocacy Analytics
In an effort to increase public awareness and knowledge of student loan default prevention, debt management and informed borrowing, we will periodically engage a third party vendor to promote our managed websites. The consumer advocacy analytics and statistics obtained and analyzed allow ASLA to identify areas of need, types of information that is being sought and visitor traffic cycles during the year to the websites. We utilize this information to improve our website content, train staff and ensure adequate access to online resources year round. No personal identifying information is collected by these activities.
Website Use Information
Web servers at ASLA automatically recognize your domain name, but not your e-mail address. No nonpublic personal information is collected unless you choose to provide it to us through one of our online services. Our web server does collect information such as domain name, number of hits, pages visited and length of user session in order to compile website statistics that enable us to analyze how our websites are used. This information is then used to improve the usefulness of the sites.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, address, phone number, or email), and demographic information (such as zip code, grade level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Confidentiality and Security
- Sensitive information is encrypted with the latest cryptographic technology. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- For security in-house, security procedures are in place to prevent unauthorized access to any user information. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact:
3801 Woodland Heights Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212
1-800-443-6030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are resident of California, "Your Privacy Rights" allow you to receive an Information-Sharing Disclosure. This disclosure provides a list of categories of personal information shared, during the immediately preceding calendar year, with other businesses for their direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of other businesses with whom such information was shared. You may request this disclosure by contacting us at the information provided above. We will respond to requests made to the designated contact point and provide the Information-Sharing Disclosure within 30 days of receipt of request. If your request is made to an address, other than the one provided in this policy, the Information-Sharing Disclosure will be responded to in a "reasonable time period," no later than 150 days from receipt of the request.
For more information, visit the California Privacy homepage.